Author Guest Post
Ten Things Readers Would Be Surprised To Know About Me
By: Author Marni Mann
1. I’m from the same hometown - Bangor, Maine - as Stephen King. He also lives about fifteen minutes away from me in Florida. I’m not stalking him. I promise.
2. I’m extremely sensitive to smells. This usually doesn’t work in my favor, especially when I’m out in public, stuck in a small, cramped space. But then there are times when a scent triggers a memory and I’m filled with nostalgia and I wish I could recreate those moments every day.
3. I treat my dogs - Bella, a Yellow Lab and Codi, a Maltese - like they’re my children. I might be jealous of them. No, I’m definitely jealous of their lives.
4. Since I was a kid, I’ve had an obsession with macaroni and ketchup. I have to force myself not to eat it every day.
5. Out of all the states and countries I’ve traveled to, Italy is my favorite. It’s my special place, and I hope to be able to live there one day.
6. I met my husband my freshman year in college and we’ve been together since my sophomore year. Instead of aging myself, I’ll just say that was…quite a few years ago. He’s my best friend, my everything.
7. Music has a huge presence in my life, so does chocolate, coffee, and sushi. The perfect day is when I can combine all four, along with friends, laughter, and love.
8. All of my protagonists come to me in dreams. They also wake me up very early in the morning, refusing to let me sleep in or think about anyone besides them. I’m not sure why I create such needy, demanding women, but I wouldn’t want it any other way.
9. I would take flip-flops over heels any day.
10. I can touch my tongue to my nose, fold it into a four-leaf clover and wiggle my ears, but not all at the same time. That might have to be my next trick.
About The Author
Seductive Shadows by Marni Mann ~ Virtual Book Tour Page: Reading Addiction Blog Tours
Seductive Shadows by Marni Mann
Publisher: Entice by Booktrope
Publication Date: July 17, 2013
Format: eBook - 256 pages / Kindle - 455 KB / Nook - 825 KB
BUY THE BOOK: Seductive Shadows
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Reading Addiction Blog Tours.
Provocative, intoxicating and erotic, Seductive Shadows is the unforgettable tale of a young woman’s discovery as she learns to forgive, to love and be loved, and to find redemption amidst a memorable journey that will captivate your mind and stimulate your soul.
This book is for mature audiences 17+. It contains explicit language and sexual content.
My Book Review:
Seductive Shadows is a gritty and provocative story of one girl's journey of self discovery. Written in the first person narrative, author Marni Mann weaves an enticing, dark, and emotional tale that delves into the life of Charlie, a twenty-three year old art student. Charlie has had a troubled life, through her passion for art, she tries to escape her abusive past with a neglectful and alcoholic mother, and the memory of a tragic accident that occurred five years ago, but the past still haunts her, leaving her scarred and unable to love. Charlie uses art as a way to channel her emotions and sexual acts as a way to forget her past. Charlie accepts a position in a high class brothel that allows her to hide behind a mask as Cee, her alter-ego that enables her to leave Charlie behind. When she meets a fellow artist named Cameron, she finds someone who she can trust and love. Cameron encourages Charlie to take the journey toward self-discovery in order to move forward with her life.
Seductive Shadows is so much more than an erotic tale, it is a riveting story that takes the reader to a deeper and emotional level as it delves into a flawed person's journey to come out of the recesses of her dark shadowy past and into the light in search of herself. The author does a wonderful job of creating layers upon layers within this story, alternating between flashbacks to the past with the present, she entices the reader with intriguing twists and turns as each of the layers are uncovered. You can't help but feel for Charlie as her story unfolds. From her troubled life with her mother, to the tragedy and loss of her best friend, to the choices she has made in her life, it is easy for the reader to relate and understand Charlie, feel her pain, and cheer as her journey leads her towards self-discovery and moving forward in her life. This story deserves to have a sequel, it's open-ended and surprising conclusion leaves the reader wanting more. I would love to be able to continue to follow Charlie and Cameron's story, I know they have more to tell the readers.
Seductive Shadows is a thrilling and provocative story, it is captivating and thought-provoking, it is simply a must read.
RATING: 4 STARS ****